We Told You To Bet On The Seahawks In Week 1! Did You Listen?
BetQL nailed all three picks in the Seattle-Atlanta contest
- The Seattle Seahawks defeated the Atlanta Falcons by a convincing 38-25 margin in the opening weekend of the NFL season. Even though the sharps and the money sided with the home team in Atlanta, the BetQL model rated the Seahawks spread (+1.0) as a 5-star bet, the Seattle moneyline (-105) as a 4-star bet, and the over (49.5) as a 3-star bet.
- If you had wagered $100 on all three bets, then you would have profited $270.00!
- BetQL subscribers knew before the game just how successful the Seahawks have been in road games where a lot of scoring is expected. BetQL data showed that the Seahawks are 15-3 in road games during the Pete Carroll era where the closing over/under total falls between 45.5 and 49 points.
- Russell Wilson continued his dominance over the Falcons. Since losing to Atlanta in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs in his rookie season, Wilson’s Seahawks have defeated the Falcons in four of their five regular-season meetings. Wilson’s career passer rating against the Falcons in the regular-season is now 114.6.
- Ahead of Week 2 against the New England Patriots, Seattle (-210) is favored over New Engladn (+175) with the over/under set at 45.0 total points. The Seahawks are 4.0-point favorites. CLICK HERE FOR LIVE GAME ODDS!
Get all of BetQL's best bets for the upcoming NFL season! Dating back a full calendar year, our five-star (max-value) bets have won 61% of the time!
BetQL Model Defeats Sharps
A healthy 56 percent of the money was on the Atlanta Falcons spread (-1.0) and 55 percent of the money was on the Falcons moneyline (-115) against the Seattle Seahawks in their Week 1 matchup. The BetqQL model wasn't intimidated by the professional money on the Falcons and recommended the Seahawks (+1.0) as a 5-star bet, including the Seattle moneyline (-105) as a 4-star bet. On top of that, a 3-star bet favored over 49.0 total points in the contest. Subscribers who tailed the model for this game would've come away with a stress-free cash.
BetQL subscribers knew before the game that the Seahawks won in 56 percent of simulations against the Falcons. Subscribers would also have learned about Seattle's road dominance in games expected to be high-scoring in the Pete Carroll era. Seattle is 15-3 in road games where the closing over/under total is between 45.5 and 49 points.
If you want to roster any Seahawks players in your DFS lineups this week, be sure to get a 3-day free trial on RotoQL to check out our projections!
Russell Wilson started his season with a bang, passing for 322 yards and four touchdowns. Wilson has dominated the Falcons since losing to them in the divisional round of his rookie campaign. In his last five regular-season games against Atlanta, Wilson has passed for 10 touchdowns to just one interception. His career passer rating against the Falcons in the regular-season is 114.6, his second-highest career passer rating against any NFL team.
Rolling In The Dough
The Falcons still have a long way to go before they can be considered legitimate contenders. More than three years have passed since the Falcons collapsed in Super Bowl LI and they remain stuck in mediocrity. Atlanta's inability to compete with Seattle in the second-half was a flashback to their struggles last season against elite competition. The Falcons lost six of their nine games against winning teams in 2019.
If you had wagered $100 on all three of BetQL's picks in this contest, then you would have profited $270.00!