Sat 10/31, 3:00 PM
SEV +166 O/U 2
Sat 10/31, 5:30 PM
ATL -125 O/U 2
Sat 10/31, 8:00 PM
BAR -202 O/U 3
Sun 11/1, 3:00 PM
RSO +144 O/U 2 & 2.5
Sun 11/1, 5:30 PM
LEV +240 O/U 2 & 2.5
Sun 11/1, 8:00 PM
GET +149 O/U 2
Mon 11/2, 8:00 PM
VILL -169 O/U 2.5
Is FC Barcelona Or Real Madrid The Best Bet To Win LaLiga?
Evaluating which side has an easier path to Spain's coveted title
By Juan Pablo Aravena - Jun 3, 2020, 2:27pm
- FC Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest teams in LaLiga, Spain’s top-tier soccer division. Aside from being two of the biggest clubs in the world, they also routinely challenge each other for the league crown year in and year out. That hasn’t changed during the 2019-20 season.
- The league is set to resume on June 11th and both sides have 11 matches pending. Barcelona sit at the top of the standings with 58 points and Los Merengues are two adrift of their long-time rivals in second place. Both have a realistic shot at winning the title, but only one team will lift the cup once it’s all said and done.
- Per bet365, Barcelona are favorites to win the title at -163, while Real Madrid sit second at +125 odds. The fact that Atletico Madrid, the next biggest favorite, has odds of +25000 suggests this is going to be a two-team race all the way to the finish line. Despite the fact Los Merengues could easily catch Barca with one tiny slip from Quique Setien’s men, that is not going to happen. The best value lies on Barca retaining the title.
Bet On Barcelona
- First, we must consider the strength of schedule for both sides. Real Madrid still need to play Valencia, Real Sociedad and Getafe over their upcoming six games and all three sides sit among the top seven clubs in the standings. Los Blancos also have to face Athletic Bilbao, Granada and Villarreal. All of them are Top 10 sides and, minus Bilbao, all of them could easily make a push for a UEFA Europa League berth.
- Barcelona’s scenario is quite different. They are yet to face Atletico Madrid and Sevilla, as well as Villarreal. But their schedule also includes facing Mallorca, Leganes and Espanyol, the three top relegation candidates. Based on what both sides have shown, it’s clear Barca own a clearer path to the title.
- As if that wasn’t enough, Barcelona is the best goal-scoring club in the league, averaging 2.33 per contest. Real Madrid features the best defense with 19 goals conceded (0.7 per match) but have averaged “only” 1.81 goals scored per tilt. They have the second-best attack in the league, but they have performed below the expectations in the final third.
- Both sides will probably go neck and neck until the final matches of the season. However, Barcelona should have enough left in the tank to go all the way. Los Blaugranas have a strong track record, a deadly attack and a relatively easy schedule on route to win the league once again.