NCAA Tournament Winner
To Make Final Four
Kansas may not be the most popular bet to win the 2024 NCAA Tournament, but they certainly will get a lot of wagers. They currently are listed as the favorite at +1000 odds at FanDuel. They just won the Tournament in 2022, and with Bill Self presumably back after a health scare that kept him out of the 2023 tournament, they will have their head coach back. They still had a successful 2023 season, even if it didn't end in a title. Kansas finished first in the Big 12 in the regular season. The Jayhawks qualified for the NCAA tournament but lost in the 2nd round.
They should be poised for a bounce-back campaign in next year's Tournament. Making the Final Four for them is listed at just +350 at FanDuel, so clearly a lot of people are expecting a huge year.
The NCAA Tournament, also known as March Madness, is an annual college basketball tournament featuring the top teams from Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Here is some more information about the NCAA Tournament:
- The tournament features 68 teams, including 32 automatic qualifiers who earn a spot by winning their respective conference tournaments, and 36 at-large teams who are selected by the NCAA Selection Committee.
- The tournament is divided into four regions: East, West, South, and Midwest. Each region has 16 teams and is seeded from 1 to 16, with the top seed playing the 16th seed, the second seed playing the 15th seed, and so on.
- The tournament is single-elimination, meaning that once a team loses a game, they are eliminated from the tournament.
- The tournament is held in March and April, with the Final Four taking place in early April. The Final Four consists of the four remaining teams, and the winners of the two semifinal games play in the championship game to determine the national champion.
- The NCAA Tournament is one of the most popular and widely-watched sporting events in the United States, with millions of viewers tuning in to watch the games. It is known for its unpredictability and exciting upsets, with lower-seeded teams often defeating higher-seeded teams.
There are several types of basketball bets you can make, including:
1. Point spread bet: This is the most popular type of basketball bet. With this type of bet, you wager on which team will win the game and by how many points. The favorite team will have a negative point spread, while the underdog team will have a positive point spread.
2. Moneyline bet: With a moneyline bet, you simply pick which team will win the game outright. The odds for each team will be presented as a positive or negative number, indicating the amount of money you would need to bet to win $100.
3. Over/Under bet: This type of bet involves predicting whether the total number of points scored in a game will be over or under a specific number set by the sportsbook.
4. Futures bet: This type of bet involves placing a wager on a future event, such as which team will win the NCAA Tournament.
5. Prop bet: With a prop bet, you wager on a specific aspect of the game, such as which player will score the most points or whether a specific player will make a certain number of three-pointers.
6. Parlay bet: This is a bet that combines multiple bets into one. To win a parlay bet, all of your individual bets must win.
Here at BetQL, we provide you with the insights, best bets and data so that you can make the most educated wagers possible.