The Magic Might Be Under A Spell
The OVER has improbably hit in 11-straight Magic games
- The Orlando Magic started the season with a 21-29 OVER/UNDER record. Starting with Orlando’s game against the Atlanta Hawks on February 10th, the OVER has been hit in 11 straight Magic games. The average number of points scored in the last 11 games involving the Magic is a jaw-dropping 239 points.
- The Magic have averaged 120.8 points per game over the last 11 games, the best scoring average in the NBA in this stretch of games. The Magic averaged only 103.1 points per game in the first 53 games of their season.
- The Magic have played a more efficient brand of basketball in their last 11 games. Orlando’s three-point shooting has improved during this stretch thanks to the scorching shooting of sixth man Terrence Ross. The Magic rank in the top 10 in terms of assists and points in the paint over the last 11 games due in part to increased playmaking from two-time slam-dunk contest runner-up Aaron Gordon.
- Orlando’s defensive struggles have also contributed mightily to this OVER streak. In the last 11 games, the Magic have surrendered an average of 118.4 points per game, the third worst opponent scoring average in this stretch of games. The Magic surrendered only 104.9 points per game in the first 53 games of their season.
- The OVER in Magic games will likely continue to be a profitable investment for bettors as long as Orlando is playing a subpar defense. Bettors also need to keep an eye on Evan Fournier’s injury status for upcoming Magic games.
- The Magic finish a four-game road trip on Tuesday in Memphis against the Grizzlies. Memphis has the fifth-best defensive rating in the NBA over the last 11 games. VIEW LIVE ODDS AND GAME PAGE
The Magic Are Having Fun
Not too many basketball observers would describe games involving the Orlando Magic as exciting but the last 11 Magic games have been absolutely thrilling for OVER bettors. The OVER has been hit in 11 straight games involving the Magic. For context, Orlando started the season with an OVER/UNDER record of 21-29, which makes this run absolutely incredible.
The Magic are averaging an NBA best 120.8 points per game over their last 11 games after averaging only 103.1 points per game in their first 53 games. The Magic’s offense has exploded like a firecracker because their offense has been geared towards three-pointers and points in the paint in the last 11 games.
The Magic are averaging 12.7 three-point field goals per game in their last 11 contests, an increase over their season average of 10.9 three-point field goals per game. Terrance Ross has connected successfully on 45 three-point field goals in the last 11 games, which is the third-best total in the NBA over this span of games. Ross has hit more three-pointers than James Harden and 2020 three-point contest champion Buddy Hield in the last 11 games.
The decision by Magic coach Steve Clifford to give forward Aaron Gordon more playmaking opportunities has worked wonders for Orlando’s offense. Over the last 11 games, the Magic rank second in assists and sixth in points in the paint. On the season, the Magic rank 17th in assists and 25th in points in the paint. Gordon has averaged 6.5 assists per game in his last 10 games, which is almost three times his career average of 2.4 assists per contest.
Their Opponents Are Also Having Fun
Orlando’s opponents have also done their part to ensure that the OVER continues to be hit in games involving the Magic. In the last 11 games, the Magic have given up an average of 118.4 points per game. For comparison, in their first 53 games, the Magic surrendered an average of 104.9 points per game. The Magic’s defensive rating in the last 11 games is the sixth-worst in the NBA. Orlando has given up a league leading 15.1 three-point field goals per game in their last 11 games.
Bettors should continue to ride the OVER gravy train with the Magic as long as they are facing a subpar defense. Nine of the Magic’s last 11 games came against an opponent ranked in the bottom half of the NBA in defensive rating. Bettors should also keep a close eye on Evan Fournier’s status before betting on an OVER in a Magic game. Fournier is the Magic’s second-leading scorer at 18.8 points per game. He has missed the last two games due to injury.