If You Like Points, Don’t Watch Wyoming And San Diego State Play
Points will be hard to come by in this matchup
Wyoming at San Diego State (-4)
Saturday October 12th, 10:30pm EST
- San Diego State’s rush defense has allowed 45.4 yards per game (1st in FBS — 1.79 yards per attempt).
- Wyoming’s rush defense has allowed 83.4 yards per game (10th in FBS — 2.32 yards per attempt).
- BetQL’s NCAAF Model went 79-45 (63.7% win, +7.35 avg return) across all ★★★ (and better) bets in Week 6. View the algorithm’s Best Bets for Week 7!
- Both passing offenses have struggled, as the Aztecs average 189.0 passing yards per game while the Cowboys rank 128th in FBS (116.6 per game) and dead-last in completion percentage (36.7).
- BetQL’s NCAA Football Model lists under the 38 point total as a ★★ bet in this game.
Wyoming’s Offense Against San Diego State’s Defense
Wyoming leads the Mountain West in yards per carry (5.6) and possesses a run-centric offensive scheme. Their 248.3 rushing yards per game ranks 14th in FBS. The only problem is that San Diego State’s rush defense is the best in the country. The Aztecs are allowing just 45.4 rushing yards per game and an incredible 1.79 yards per attempt.
They allowed just 18 to Colorado State in a 24-10 victory last week and the most they’ve allowed in a single game this season is 82 (to Utah State on September 21st).
If Wyoming can’t move the ball on the ground, they could be in deep trouble. The Cowboys rank 128th out of 130 FBS teams in passing yards (116.6 per game) and rank dead last in completion percentage (36.7).
San Diego State’s Offense Against Wyoming’s Defense
While the Aztecs defense has been incredible, the Cowboys rank 10th in FBS in rushing yards allowed per game (83.4) and has allowed just 2.32 yards per carry. However, they’ve allowed a whopping 328.8 passing yards per game (127th).
However, that isn’t exactly a major issue against San Diego State, who averages just 189.0 passing yards per contest.
Both teams should struggle to move the ball against each other, which is why…
What BetQL’s Model Says
BetQL’s NCAA Football Model lists under the 38 point total as a ★★ bet in this game. Therefore, expect points to be hard to come by.