5 Facts: UCLA vs. Washington State
What you need to know before betting on this Pac 12 matchup
UCLA (0-3) at #19 Washington St. (3-0)
Saturday, 10:30pm EST
Consensus Line: UCLA (+18.5)
BetQL Rating: UCLA ★★★
BetQL Model: UCLA (+14.5)
1. The UCLA Bruins are 5-2 straight up in their last seven games against Washington State. Dating back to 2008, the Bruins have won five of seven from the Cougars including a 2-1 record on the road in Pullman, WA.
2. While an 0-3 start is not what anyone envisioned for Chip Kelly in year two at UCLA, his Bruins offense has increased its total yardage in each consecutive game. Sophomore quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson still has the skill set suited for Kelly’s offense and his progression will take time. The former four-star recruit threw for two touchdowns last week against Oklahoma.
3. Washington State is only converting third downs at 37.5% while allowing 43.9% of third down conversions on defense. If the Cougars are to make a run towards a Pac 12 title, new quarterback Anthony Gordon will have to move the needle on third down while his defense will have to do a better job of getting off the field. Nonetheless, they’ll be donning some pretty sweet jerseys on Saturday night.
4. The under is 4-1 in the last five UCLA road games and 4-1 in the last five overall Washington State games. In a game where UCLA is getting nearly 20 points, keeping the total under the consensus of 57 could go along way in a UCLA covering the +18.5.
5. Chip Kelly is 4-0 against Washington State in his career, including 1-0 against Mike Leach. This includes a 51-26 over Washington State in 2012 during Leach’s first year at Washington State and Kelly’s final season at Oregon.
Head over to the “Games” tab to explore all the betting information you need to know about this game and the entire Week 4 college football slate!