Now that the NBA Draft order is set, it’s 2023 Mock Draft time. Teams will be making their selections on Thursday, June 22 and NBA Draft betting markets can be some of the most lucrative if you stay on top of news and take personal stands. We saw that last year when the Orlando Magic selected Paolo Banchero No. 1 overall after it was rumored that Jabari Smith Jr. would go first for the weeks leading up to the big day.
This year, it’s almost certain that international phenom Victor Wembanyama will go first overall, but a lot can change from now until the day of the draft. Below, you’ll see the first edition of my 2023 NBA Mock Draft, analysis for each pick and an associated best bet (with the best odds) for every possible betting market.
Updated as of Thursday June 22, 2023 at 6:10pm EST
1. San Antonio: Victor Wembanyama
At 7’5, Wembanyama is one of the most prestigious NBA prospects in recent memory. With ball-handling skills like a guard and a ridiculous wingspan, the 19 year old put up 21.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 3.2 blocks in the French professional league and is expected to be a transcendent star at this level instantly. All of a sudden, Gregg Popovich might want to coach another decade! Best Bet: Wembanyama to win Rookie of the Year (+225, Bet365)
2. Charlotte: Scoot Henderson
While there's a lot of confusion of who the Hornets will take here, I don't think it's particularly close with who the best overall player is. While he may not be a traditional fit alongside LaMelo Ball, it'd be silly to pass on him. Best bet: 2nd overall pick (+190, BetMGM).
3. Portland: Amen Thompson
While it seems like it'd be a lock for Brandon Miller to go here, Portland has been intrigued with Amen Thompson and in my opinion, he'd be a better fit with more upside alongside Damian Lillard. If the Blazers move Lillard, he'd also be a natural ball-handler. Best bet: 3rd overall pick (+450, BetMGM), Wembanyama-Henderson-Amen exact order (+600, Bet365).
4. Houston: Brandon Miller
If he doesn't go second overall, I think Miller will slide to number four, where he'd join one of the most exciting young cores in the NBA. Best bet: 4th overall pick (+1000, Bet365)
5. Detroit: Bilal Coulibaly
Playing next to Wembanyama gave Coulibaly some attention, but he seemingly has the makings of a future NBA defensive star based on his wingspan and motor.
6. Orlando: Ausar Thompson
The entire Magic core is already signed for next season. Rookie of the Year Paolo Banchero and center Wendell Carter will man the frontcourt. Cole Anthony, Markelle Fultz and Jaylen Suggs will be a part of a backcourt rotation. Franz Wagner will look to improve once again on the wing while Bol Bol will also be back. Thompson is going to be an offensive project based on his shooting form, but is an explosive playmaker, versatile defender and seemingly has All-Star potential. He'll be the best player on the board at this spot. Best Bet: Thompson to be selected 6th overall (+200, Unibet)
7. Indiana: Cam Whitmore
Best bet: 7th overall pick (+750, Bet365).
8. Washington: Jarace Walker
Best bet: 8th overall pick (+1400, Bet365).
9. Utah: Anthony Black
Best bet: 9th overall pick (+700, BetMGM).
10. Dallas: Dereck Lively II
Best bet: 10th overall pick (+180, Bet365).
11. Orlando (from Chicago): Taylor Hendricks
Hendricks will feel right at home in Orlando, where he starred for UCF in his one-and-done year. At 6'9, he shot 39.4% on 4.6 three-point attempts per game and has defensive upside.
12. Oklahoma City: Gradey Dick
13. Toronto: Jalen Hood-Schifino
At 6'6, the former Indiana point guard could fit in perfectly in Toronto, especially if Fred VanVleet moves on. He'd have instant versatility alongside Scottie Barnes, Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby. Best bet: Hood-Schifino under pick 14.5 (-170, Bet365).
14. New Orleans: Kobe Bufkin
He might not have showed it off every game at Michigan, but this combo guard is a solid offensive player who would fit in well alongside Dyson Daniels in New Orleans' future backcourt. Best Bet: Bufkin to be selected after Pick 13.5 (+200, Bet365).
15. Atlanta: Jordan Hawkins
16. Utah (from Minnesota): Keyonte George
George is one of the best shot-makers in this class and attacks the rim with physicality. The former Baylor guard would fit in well in Utah's rebuild.
17. Los Angeles Lakers: Jett Howard
Howard has a long relationship with Rob Pelinka and just so happens to be one of the best shot-makers in this class. The Michigan wing would be asked to play solid minutes off the bench and would be able to instantly deliver. He also has upside as a passer and defender, thus making him valuable in a number of ways. Best bet: Top 20 pick (-165, Bet365)
18. Miami: Cason Wallace
This physical point guard starred at Kentucky and would be a logical replacement for Kyle Lowry.
19. Golden State: Jaime Jaquez Jr.
The Warriors' window is closing and I expect them to bring in an experienced producer. Jaquez has been absolutely cooking his opponents in workouts during the pre-draft period and this pick makes perfect sense. Best Bet: Jaquez Top 20 pick (+300, Bet365).
20. Houston (from LA Clippers): Nick Smith Jr.
21. Brooklyn (from Phoenix): Leonard Miller
22. Brooklyn: Brice Sensabaugh
23. Portland (from New York): Maxwell Lewis
24. Sacramento: Kris Murray
What better fit for Kris than joining twin brother Keegan in Sacramento? The Kings could use his scoring ability on their second unit and there's some natural chemistry between him and his bro!
25. Boston (from Memphis): Ben Sheppard
26. Indiana (from Cleveland): Brandin Podziemski
27. Charlotte (from Denver via New York and Oklahoma City): GG Jackson
After taking Brandon Miller second overall, grabbing Jackson at No. 27 makes a ton of sense. As a perimeter threat (5.3 attempted threes per game at South Carolina), he would be a great pick-and-pop option for LaMelo Ball. Best bet: 1st round pick (-160, Bet365).
28. Utah (from Philadelphia via Brooklyn): Rayan Rupert
29. Denver (from India via Boston): Tristan Vukcevic
Nikola Jokic is from Serbia. Tristan Vukcevic is from Serbia and has many of the characteristics that a young Jokic had. The Nuggets didn't move up and acquire more draft picks for no reason; they have someone in mind. My educated guess is that it's Vukcevic. Best bet: 1st round pick (+1800, Bet365).
30. Wizards (from Clippers via Milwaukee via Houston): Dariq Whitehead
31. Detroit: Amari Bailey
32. Denver (from Indiana via Houston): Marcus Sasser
33. San Antonio: Julian Phillips
34. Charlotte (from Charlotte via Philadelphia and Atlanta): Olivier-Maxence Prosper
35. Washington (from Memphis, via Boston, Portland, Atlanta, LA Clippers, Detroit, and Cleveland): Ricky Council IV
36. Orlando: Sidy Cissoko
37. Denver (from Thunder via Washington via New Orleans): Keyontae Johnson
38. Sacramento (from Indiana): Trayce Jackson-Davis
39. Charlotte (from Utah via New York): Noah Clowney
40. Indiana (from Indian via Denver, Dallas, Oklahoma City): Julian Strawther
41. Charlotte (from Oklahoma City via New York and Boston): Andre Jackson Jr.
42. Washington (from Chicago via Los Angeles Lakers and Washington): Jordan Walsh
43. Portland (from Atlanta): Adama Sanogo
44. San Antonio (from Toronto): James Nnaji
45. Memphis (from Minnesota): Chris Livingston
46. Atlanta (from New Orleans): Jalen Wilson
47. Los Angeles Lakers: Colby Jones
48. LA Clippers: Seth Lunch
49. Cleveland (from Golden State via Utah and New Orleans): Terquavion Smith
50. Oklahoma City (from Miami via Boston, Memphis, and Dallas): Efe Abogidi
51. Brooklyn: Jazian Gortman
52. Phoenix: Emoni Bates
53. Minnesota (from New York via Charlotte): Nikola Djurisic
54. Sacramento: Azuolas Tubelis
55. Indiana (from Cleveland via Milwaukee and Detroit): Kobe Brown
56. Memphis: Craig Porter Jr.
— Chicago (from Denver via Cleveland): forfeited
— Philadelphia: forfeited
59. Washington (from Boston via Charlotte): Jalen Slawson
60. Milwaukee: Colin Castleton
When it comes to NBA Draft betting, there are several types of bets you can consider. Here are some common bet types associated with the NBA Draft:
It's worth noting that the availability of specific bet types can vary depending on the sportsbook or online platform you use for NBA Draft betting. Always check the available markets and odds before placing any bets.
While I can provide you with general information and strategies, it's important to note that predicting the outcome of the NBA Draft can be challenging, as there are numerous variables and uncertainties involved. Expert analysis from sports analysts, draft experts, and NBA insiders can be valuable in informing your betting decisions. Here are a few factors to consider and avenues for expert analysis when betting on the NBA Draft:
Remember that even with expert analysis, the NBA Draft remains unpredictable, and unexpected trades, surprises, or draft-day decisions can occur. It's essential to combine expert analysis with your own research and judgment, considering factors such as player injuries, team dynamics, and overall draft-day unpredictability. Additionally, responsible bankroll management and understanding the odds and probabilities are crucial elements of successful betting.
BetQL has picks for all different sports and bet types, so no matter how you want to win tonight, we have you covered. We are getting ready for football season and firing up our NFL computer picks to give you a good idea according to the data who will win on a week to week basis. We also have our experts putting out NFL prop bets nice and early, and we are even gearing up with our NFL upsets for this week because every knows early in the year you can make some easy cash on underdogs. Don't forget about the NFL line movement because we don't see many other people offering this kind of data
MLB is back and we have all the data and picks you need to have a great year betting on baseball. Find out which way both the MLB experts are picking for every game and take a look at some MLB over under picks to have a winning night. Our experts have new MLB prop picks for today so make sure you are reading those as well
We also have all the sportsbook offer codes that you can take advantage of to get some bonus bets just for creating a new account.