Sat 10/31, 5:00 PM
Sat 10/31, 7:45 PM
BOL -110 O/U 3
Sun 11/1, 11:30 AM
MIL -131 O/U 2.5 & 3
Sun 11/1, 2:00 PM
LAZ +143 O/U 3
Sun 11/1, 5:00 PM
ROMA -120 O/U 3
Sun 11/1, 5:00 PM
NAP -184 O/U 3.5
Sun 11/1, 7:45 PM
SAMP -110 O/U 2.5
The Path To Juventus' 9th-Straight Serie A Title Won't Be Easy
The legendary club has -240 odds to win their 36th overall Serie A title, but faces a worthy challenger
By Dan Karpuc - Jun 3, 2020, 3:22pm
- Per FanDuel Sportsbook, legendary Italian football club Juventus has -240 odds to win the Serie A title for the 9th-straight time.
- However, as seen at the top of the league table below, Lazio is right on their tail with an impressive 19-5-2 mark and +37 goal differential.
- It's been an historic run for Lazio, who have only two Serie A titles in its long history (in 1973-1974 and 1999-2000). For reference, the club was founded in 1900 and has been a member of Serie A for the better part of 90 years.
- All eyes will be on the matchup between the two top sides on July 20th, but it's worth noting that Lazio won their previous meeting on their home turf (3-1) earlier in the season. Here's a highlight of that contest:
- Lazio striker Ciro Immobile leads Serie A with 27 goals and 60% of his 83 shots have been on target. He's outpaced Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo, who is in second with 21 goals (57% of his 93 shots have been on target). While a Juventus player has won the Serie A Footballer of the Year honor in seven of the past eight seasons, Immobile's play will be worthy of the award if he picks up where he left off.
- Since there are 12 rounds of play left, there's a lot of time remaining in the season (127 matches in all). The league will begin with the second legs of the Coppa Italia semifinals with Juventus hosting AC Milan and then the final is scheduled for June 17th before four postponed games will be played. The normal schedule will resume with Matchday 27 on June 22nd.
- Juventus will get starting defenders Giorgio Chiellini and Merih Demiral back from injury while Lazio will also benefit from the return of Lucas Leiva and Senad Lulic. With the two clubs neck-and-neck, it should be fascinating to watch Serie A action play out for the rest of the season.