Lamar Jackson Opened Eyes With Week 1 Domination
The Ravens QB made a huge statement against the Dolphins
In 16 games played last season, Lamar Jackson went 99-for-170 passing for 1,201 yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions (84.5 rating).
In Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins, the Baltimore Ravens quarterback went 17-for-20 for 324 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions (a perfect 158.3 rating).
Louisville Lamar Jackson is BACK!!!!— The Undefeated (@TheUndefeated) September 8, 2019
- 17 of 20 for 324 yards passing, 5 TDs
- 1st player with at least 5 passing TDs in a season opener since Peyton Manning (2013).
- 1st QB in Ravens history to finish a game with a perfect passer rating. #YearoftheBlackQB pic.twitter.com/YDBa2Ic88P
He also just rushed the ball three times for six yards, a clear indication that the coaching staff is planning on using him in the pocket in order to preserve him for the long haul of the 2019 campaign.
His improvement from last year was evident.
Lamar Jackson was impressive. 2 things I enjoyed the most after watching the tape:— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) September 9, 2019
1) His accuracy outside the numbers was vastly improved from last year.
2) His eyes. Every time the Dolphins busted a coverage (there were many) he found it and made them pay.
Overall, this type of dominance might be a sign of what’s to come for the youngster.
Lamar Jackson is the ONLY QB in NFL history with a game of:— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) September 8, 2019
• 5+ TDs, 300+ yds, 15+ YPA & 3 or fewer incompletions
• 300+ yds & a perfect passer rtg in week 1
But I'm sure you have your reasons for hating on the truth as I warned about Lamar in 2019. https://t.co/l1H3rnTcCn
The Ravens opened as 13.5-point home favorites against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2. Head over to the “Games” tab to check out all the betting data for this contest.