Chiefs Open As Slight Super Bowl Favorites
Oddsmakers viewed Kansas City as a two-point favorite against the 49ers
By Dan Karpuc - Jan 21, 2020, 12:16am
49ers vs. Chiefs
Sunday 2/2/20, 6:30pm EST
- The San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs will square off in Super Bowl LIV.
- The Chiefs opened as a two-point favorite while the point total opened at 51.5.
- To get to this point, 49ers beat the Minnesota Vikings (27-10) in the Divisional Round before dominating the Green Bay Packers (37-20) in the NFC Championship. The Chiefs enjoyed an epic comeback victory against the Houston Texans in the Divisional Round before surging past the Tennessee Titans (35-24) in the AFC Championship.
- Both teams benefitted from first-round byes and the 49ers were the No. 1 seed in the NFC after a 13-3 regular-season record while the Chiefs were the AFC’s No. 2 seed following a 12-4 regular-season campaign.
- The 49ers enter this game with the following cumulative records: 15-3, 11-6-1 against the spread, 4-1 (5-0 ATS) as an underdog.
- The Chiefs enter this game with the following cumulative records: 14-4, 13-5 against the spread, 12-3 (11-4 ATS) as a favorite.
- Stay tuned for our full preview and analysis (coming soon)!