Michigan St. Hosts Arizona St. In Battle Of Unbeatens
The Spartans are ranked 18th in the country and are heavy favorites in this contest
Arizona State at Michigan State
Saturday, September 14, 4:00pm EST
Consensus: Michigan State (-14.5, -700)
BetQL Rating: ★★ (Spartans -700)
- Arizona State travels to Michigan State on Saturday in a battle of unbeaten teams. The Spartans enter the weekend ranked No. 18 in the latest AP poll, while the Sun Devils are coming off wins against Kent State and Sacramento State.
- The Sun Devils are 2-1 all-time against the Spartans, including last season’s 16-13 win at Sun Devil Stadium in Week 2. Arizona State finished 7-6 in 2018, but secured two wins over ranked opponents (Michigan State and Utah). But, this is a new year.
- BetQL’s NCAA Football Model labels the Spartans as a ★★ moneyline bet and also labels Michigan State -14.5 as a ★ wager.
The Sun Devils have started out 2-0 for the third time in the last five seasons, and in the second consecutive campaign under head coach Herm Edwards. Arizona State will face its first road test of 2019 on Saturday against Michigan State, after going 2-4 last season away from Sun Devil Stadium. Quarterback Jayden Daniels has thrown for 588 yards during his first two games, while also adding three touchdown passes.
The Sun Devils have allowed just 14 points combined during their games against Kent State and Sacramento State.
The Spartans come into the weekend ranked No. 18 after a disappointing 2018 campaign in which they finished 7-6 and suffered a defeat to Oregon in the Redbox Bowl. Head coach Marc Dantonio and his squad will complete the third game of their three-game homestand on Saturday against the Sun Devils after combining for 79 points in their first two matchups.
Last season, Michigan State finished 4-3 in games played at Spartan Stadium. However, all four of their victories were decided by 11 points or less. Over the last two seasons, the Spartans are 9-2 at home against unranked opponents, though.
Spartans quarterback Brian Lewerke and running back Elijiah Collins have paced the Michigan State offense through two weeks. Collins totaled just under 200 yards against Western Michigan, while averaging over 11 yards per carry.
What Does The BetQL Dashboard Say?
BetQL’s NCAA Football Model labels the Spartans as a ★★ moneyline bet and also labels Michigan State -14.5 as a ★ wager.
- The Spartans have averaged over 39 points per game over the first two weeks of the 2019 season, including their 51-point performance against Western Michigan in Week 2.
- Meanwhile, the Sun Devils were 2-3 against ranked opponents during Herm Edwards’ first season at the helm.
- Arizona State finished 2-4 away from Sun Devil Stadium in 2018.
- Michigan State has lost to just two non-ranked opponents at Spartan Stadium since 2017, going 9-2 over that span.