5 Trends: New Mexico State vs. New Mexico
The New Mexico State Aggies will be looking to avenge last season’s home loss to New Mexico in the Rio Grande Rivalry
New Mexico State (0-3) at New Mexico (1-1)
Saturday, 4:30 PM EST
Consensus Line: New Mexico State +4
BetQL Rating: ★★★★★ NM State
BetQL Model: New Mexico State -5.5
1. New Mexico struggles as favorites with a 2-8 record ATS and 4-6 record straight up over the last three seasons. Off to an 0-3 start this season and avenging a home loss in the Rio Grande Rivalry last season, look for New Mexico State to play the Lobos tough in Albuquerque.
2. New Mexico is 9-17 ATS overall and 4-9 ATS at home over the last three seasons. 60% of New Mexico State’s wins ATS have come on the road over the last three seasons.
3. New Mexico State opened at +6, but has moved to +4 despite public consensus on New Mexico. The Lobos are receiving 51% of public bets according to BetQL's Public Betting data (as of Friday morning).
4. New Mexico is returning only two starters on defense and has allowed 31 points and 66 points in their first two games to FCS Sam Houston State and Notre Dame respectively. The Lobos feature a completely rebuilt secondary and new defensive coordinator Jordan Peterson.
5. New Mexico has struggled to complete passes in its first two games, completing only 28 out of 69 passes (40.6%). New Mexico features some major instability at the quarterback position with junior Brandt Hughes, senior Sheriron Jones, and sophomore Tevaka Tuioti all having attempted at least 10 passes through the Lobos’ first two games.
Head over to the “Games” tab to explore all the betting information you need to know about this game and the entire Week 4 college football slate!