Stony Brook vs. Vermont: Preview, Trends
It will be the second meeting of the season between the two America East powerhouses
- Two America East heavyweights face off for the second time in conference play, as the Stony Brook Seawolves will look to sweep the season series against the Vermont Catamounts.
- Vermont enters the game as a six-point favorite with a total of 136.5 on the board.
- The last time these two teams met back on January 8th, Stony Brook handed Vermont it’s first and only loss of the season in conference play.
SETTING THE SCENE
Vermont (21-6, 11-1 in conference) since their early January loss at home vs Stony Brook has won 11 consecutive games, including 8-3 against the spread. Their last two wins have come in convincing fashion at home, outscoring their opponents by an average of 26 points. On the season, Vermont is 15-10 ATS, covering 60.0% of the time. Their over/under record iis just 9-16, hitting on the over only 36.0% of the time. On the road, the Catamounts are 11-3 with a 7-6 record ATS and a 5-9 O/U record. Forward Anthony Lamb remains the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, averaging 16.7 and 7.3 points and rebounds per game respectively.
As for Stony Brook (17-9, 8-3 in conference), they’re coming off a five-point victory on the road at Binghamton, 75-70. However, one unique trend to consider is the Seawolves’ recent inability to cover the spread, losing four in a row and seven of their last eight games ATS. This is in stark contrast to their first portion of the season, considering they’ve gone 15-10 ATS, covering 60.0% of the time. The over has hit 45.8% of the time in Stony Brook’s contests. Junior guard Eliijah Olaniyi will be tasked with holding down the Catamounts on both sides of the floor after scoring 28 points, grabbing 11 rebounds and dropping four assists in their previous win this season.
- Stony Brook has lost four-straight games ATS and seven of their last eight.
- Stony Brook has gone 7-2 SU at home, but 4-5 ATS.
- The UNDER has gone 6-3 in Stony Brook’s home games.
- Vermont is riding a seven-game SU road winning streak has gone 11-3 SU and 7-6 ATS on the road.
- Vermont has gone 10-0 SU as a road favorite.
- The UNDER has gone 7-3 when Vermont has been a road favorite.
For best bets and more trends to help gain an edge in tonight’s matchup, click the button below to unlock our entire college hoops model!