Quick-Hitters: #23 Illinois at #19 Ohio State
It'll be Senior Night for the Buckeyes when they host the Illini on Thursday night
By Ben Heisler - Mar 5, 2020, 4:14am
- Two Top 25 Big Ten squads face off Thursday evening in Columbus when the 23rd ranked Illinois Fighting Illini match up against the 19th ranked Ohio State Buckeyes on Senior Night.
- This will be the lone matchup of the season between these two teams, with both teams riding a three-plus game win streak
- Ohio State opened as a 6.5-point favorite and the over/under opened at 132 points. VIEW LIVE ODDS
- Illinois (20-9, 12-6 in conference) enters on a four game winning streak, with home wins against Nebraska and Indiana, and road victories against Penn State and Northwestern.
- Coincidentally, in both home wins, the Illini did not cover the spread, but did cover in the two road victories. On the season, the Illini are 14-13 ATS, covering 51.9% of their games.
- 17 of 28 their games have stayed UNDER the total, as the OVER has hit at a 39.3% rate in their contests.
- On the road, Illinois has gone 6-6 straight up, but is 7-5 ATS with an O/U record of 6-6. As a road underdog, the Illini have gone 4-5 SU with a 5-4 ATS record and an O/U record of 4-5.
- On the other side, Ohio State (20-9, 10-8 in conference) has also won three in a row, but have covered the spread in all three wins vs Maryland, at Nebraska, and at Michigan.
- The game on Thursday against Illinois will be their final home game of the season: Senior Night.
- The Buckeyes have also fared better than the Illini against the spread for the season, going 17-12 with a cover percentage of 58.6%.
- However, like Illinois, the OVER has failed to hit consistently in their games, just 41.4% of the time.
- At home, the Buckeyes are 14-3 straight up with an ATS record of 11-5 and an O/U record of 7-10.
- As a home favorite, Ohio State is 13-3 straight up, 10-5 ATS, with an O/U record of 7-9.
Click the button below to unlock the best bets for this game!