Miami Marlins vsNew York Mets Prediction
The New York Mets are heavy favorites to beat the Miami Marlins. The Mets have a better than 60% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Mets' starter Taijuan Walker is forecasted to have a better game than Marlins' starter Elieser Hernandez. Taijuan Walker has a 37% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Elieser Hernandez has a 19% chance of a QS. If Taijuan Walker has a quality start the Mets has a 82% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 5.2 and he has a 44% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Mets win 70%. In Elieser Hernandez quality starts the Marlins win 59%. He has a 41% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 59% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the New York Mets is Taijuan Walker who averaged 3.69 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 74% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Mets have a 80% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Miami Marlins is Starling Marte who averaged 2.33 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 39% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Marlins have a 47% chance of winning.