Boston Red Sox vsBaltimore Orioles Prediction
The Boston Red Sox are solid favorites to beat the Baltimore Orioles. The Red Sox have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Red Sox' starter Eduardo Rodriguez is forecasted to have a better game than Orioles' starter Matt Harvey. Eduardo Rodriguez has a 46% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Matt Harvey has a 27% chance of a QS. If Eduardo Rodriguez has a quality start the Red Sox has a 82% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 5.3 and he has a 40% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Red Sox win 60%. In Matt Harvey quality starts the Orioles win 71%. He has a 34% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 71% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Baltimore Orioles is Cedric Mullins who averaged 2.85 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 52% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Orioles have a 50% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Boston Red Sox is J.D. Martinez who averaged 2.96 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 53% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Red Sox have a 69% chance of winning.